Welcome to the IBEW Local 22 Online Referral System
To receive text messages about your job call bid results, log on to the Job Call website at www.ibew22jobcalls.com and add your cell phone number under My Accounts --> Update Account.
• You must be on the out-of-work list and log-in to bid job calls from this site. Use the Login button on the upper right of this page.
• This is not a call-in bid system! No phone bids will be taken or applied.
• There is an email feature to recover your password 24 hours a day. We can also assist you with your login information during office hours.
Signing the Book
• All initial sign-ins for the out-of-work list must be made in person during normal business hours (8:00 AM to 4:30 PM) at the Local Union Office. Our address is 8946 L Street Omaha NE 68127.
• All applicants will sign in on the computer kiosk in the Local Union Office lobby and then speak with a representative at the window to show necessary credentials and complete the registration.
• Applicants will be placed in the highest group/book for which they qualify.
• If you were previously employed by a signatory contractor in Local 22's jurisdiction, you must have a seperation notice to register on the out-of-work list.
• All applicants will need to log-in to use the online bid system. If you need help getting logged-in, the office staff will be able to assist you.
• It is your responsibility to maintain your log-in information.
• ONLY ONE (1) username/password per person. If you can't log-in, DO NOT create another account. Contact IBEW Local 22 for assistance at 402-331-8147.
Bidding and Taking Job Calls
• Job calls for the next business day are posted at 4:30 PM on the Recorder (402-331-8452), the Local 22 Job Calls Website, the Local 22 Mobile App, Facebook, and Twitter.
• Applicants who are registered on the out-of-work list may log in and bid for jobs that they qualify for. If multiple jobs are bid, the applicant must select a priority order. Make sure you CONFIRM each bid.
• Applicants may view and/or amend their bid at any time up to the 8:25 AM job call cutoff. (for all calls)
• The job call system will run at 8:30 AM on the day of the call. (8:40 AM for short calls)
• Applicants selected for employment will be given instructions to complete their referral by 8:35 AM. (8:45 AM for short calls)
• All applicants who placed a bid can be notified of their status via email, text message and/or push notifications. Keep in mind, the OFFICIAL notification of your job call status is found in the MY ACCOUNT section of the Job Call System. Anyone awarded a short call must call the hall for further instructions.
• A BID IS A BINDING COMMITTMENT TO TAKE THE CALL. DO NOT BID THE JOB IF YOU CANNOT COMPLETE THE REFERRAL AND TAKE THE CALL.
• Any applicant who is selected for employment and does not complete the referral process will be removed from the out-of-work list and must register again, in person, to be added back on the out-of-work list.
• All applicants selected for employment must return to the Hall the following business day between 8:00-9:30 am to receive their referral with ALL REQUIRED CREDENTIALS IN HAND. Local 22 DOES NOT keep yourcredentials on file.
If you are on a short call, you are still required to re-sign.
Each applicant on the out-of-work list for any group/book must resign monthly to maintain their position. No matter what your original sign in date, resigns must be received in the Local Union Office between the 10th and 16th of each month. (midnight to midnight)
Resigns may be submitted in person at the Hall, by regular mail, fax, email, Local 22 Jobcalls Website, or the Local 22 Mobile App
Failure to resign during the monthly resign period will result in being removed from the out-of-work list and you will need to re-register, in person, to be added back on the out-of-work list
In the event that an employee is referred and then laid-off because of a Reduction of Force (ROF) within 14 calendar days, that person will regain their position on the out-of-work list. If the worker quits or is fired for cause, they will lose their position and must re-register to be added back on the out-of-work list
• If a call is not filled within any book, the first twenty-five (25) names of that book who were available for referral when work was offered will be considered a turn-down and will receive a ding
• Applicants will be allowed two turn-downs without penalty
• After the third turn-down, the applicant will be rolled to the bottom of the book where they were registered
• Rejection of an applicant by an employer will not be considered a turn down
• If the job calls are filled within a book, no dings will be given to anyone in that book
• Passing a specialty call (ie, service truck, cable splicers, welders, etc.) and short calls will not count as a turn-down
An applicant may request an exemption if they become ill, are injured, on jury duty, on Family Medical Leave, or called for military service and it can be documented by a physician or government official. The applicant requesting leave must be registered on the out-of-work list and must notify the Business Manager in writing. The applicant on leave will retain their position as long as they are covered by documentation verifying their inability to be employed. While exempt, the applicant must continue to resign monthly.
Applicants may exempt their name from the out-of-work list for personal reasons not related to the above. Applicants who are exempt will not be offered job calls or be charged with a turn-down during this exempt period. This only applies to available referral positions one through twenty-five.
Applicants wishing to declare themselves exempt must:
1. Notify the Business Manager in writing (regular mail, fax, email) or in person before job calls - No phone calls
2. Exemptions must be made in five day increments (two five day periods or one 10 day period within one calendar year.)
3. If an applicant requests a period of time to be exempt, they must remain exempt for that period of time. (No early returns. No exceptions.)
4. If the Applicant has turn-downs listed before their exemption request, the "dings" will remain after the exemption is over
5. An applicant will still be responsible for the monthly resign during their exemption period